Table of Content
- 3 What is the Importance of Data Grids?
- 4.1 FusionGrid
- 4.2 Ext JS
- 4.3 Handsontable
- 4.4 Kendo UI
- 4.5 Griddle
- 4.6 AG Grid
- 4.7 TanStack Table
- 6 Conclusion
However, many tables from various datasets can also be displayed using the Datagrid widget. The display is automatically modified following the source of the corporate data. It is a compact client-side control that provides fundamental activities like sorting, inserting, removing, and paging.
What is the Importance of Data Grids?
Data grids are a crucial component of online applications that display various data, such as tracking statistics, real-time reporting, and much more.
There are numerous explanations for using a Datagrid in your upcoming project.
- Data grids are lightweight and play an important role to improve the speed of your application and shorten load times for your website.
- Large data sets can be deployed thanks to the virtual scrolling capabilities available in most Datagrid frameworks.
- Large datasets may be mapped even more quickly because of their capabilities like filtering, sorting, pagination, etc.
It enables you to easily access the information by allowing you to sort, search, and filter the data on the pertinent columns. A highly feature-rich component that makes it simple to show enormous data sets is provided by the data grid.
Related Post: What is Angular?
Top Features of FusionGrid
- Less learning curve
- Column & Layout Customization
- Mobile Optimized & Touch-friendly
- Amazing performance; draw charts with one million data in just 2 seconds
- Simple to integrate with tech stack
- Fast and responsive
- Negligible maintenance charges
- Great customer support
Sencha offers a framework, UI elements, and building blocks for high-performance mobile and web enterprise applications. Developers can give their apps strong data analytics capabilities by using Sencha’s grid component.
Top Features of Ext JS
- Customizable UI widgets
- Code compatibility of new versions with the older ones
- A flexible layout manager for data management
- It is protocol agnostic, and can access data from any back-end source
- Customizable Themes Ext JS widgets
- Drag and drop functionality for UI containers and components
Related Post: Know the Difference Between Angular Vs React
When using Handsontable, all spreadsheet features are available to you. There is no steep learning curve, so that you can jump right into your work. It is a very adaptable and flexible data grid component that is simple to use.
By modifying the source code, you can include it in your product and expand its functionality. You will also have access to a rich API, helpful tutorials, community assistance, and paid support.
Finally, you can begin processing massive amounts of data without seeing a drop in performance. Applications that are essential to your organisation can be created with Handsontable. It functions similarly to a tool teacher that anyone can use without any prior training.
Top Features of Handsontable
- Supports all spreadsheet features
- A developer-friendly API
- Designed to perform
- Database editing
- Configuration controlling
- Data merging
- Workforce planning
- Sales reporting
- Financial analysis
Whatever option you select, your user interface will be quick, accessible, responsive, and modern. Kendo UI makes your job simple by enabling you to integrate cutting-edge, high-performance, and feature-rich data table views into your business applications.
More than 100 data grid components are included, including filters, sorting options, and more sophisticated options like hierarchical and pagination data grouping.
In addition to endless scrolling and adaptive rendering, it provides column interactions, frozen columns, editing, data grouping, data binding, virtualization, export to PDF or Excel, templates, and more.
You can advance data processes with features including editing, filtering, sorting, aggregating, interacting, and even freezing columns. You can control every choice with Kendo UI, from data operations and theming to quicker rendering and responsive interactions.
Top Features of Kendo UI
- Supports Angular, Vue, React, and jQuery
- Especially built with editable consistent API
- Comes up with responsive, accessible, modern, and fast API
- Execute upgraded and full-featured table views on your web applications
- Offers 100+ data grid components with features such as hierarchical and paginated grouping
Related Post: Angular Vs React Vs Vue
Griddle supports plugins, allowing you to further modify the data grid’s elements. With group styles and other features, your data tables will stand out from the crowd. To have a brilliant concept, spread this group style throughout the company and to the rest of the globe using the world’s largest software registry npm.
Griddle makes creating a data grid from a renderer list of data simple. Due to its pluggable and customizable architecture, it is more than just a data grid component. You can easily learn how to configure the Griddle to render your data list.
Top Features of Griddle
- Extremely handy and flexible components
- Offers basic operations and conventions with the option of advanced customization for seasoned developers
- Provides plugin support for easier component customization
- Keeps tables different through group styling and other functionalities
You can quickly design your data grid dashboard without compromising application quality or speed. You will receive stylish features and committed support because its community is free and open-sourced. Additionally, AG Grid offers free access that other grids are unable to.
Get a lot of context menu choices for the grid by using the status bar, sidebar, getContextMenuItems, suppressContextMenu, preventDefaultOnContextMenu, allowContextMenuWithControlKey, getMainMenuItems, and other tools. You can use columnDefs, defaultColDef, columnTypes, etc, for column definitions.
You will receive the grid options, grip API, grid events, and row node for the grid interface. Through the column interface, which is the part of columns that is visible to the public, let your application communicate with the columns.
All the attributes, events, methods, and so forth are listed in the column interface section. Additionally, AG Grid provides theming, style, grid options, grid instances, row data, and accessing API.
Top Features of AG Grid
- Provides sets, quality, and performance unlike anything else
- Unique and differentiating features from other JS Data Grid Libraries
- Doesn’t compromise the performance and quality
- Builds your data grip dashboard easily
- Comes with a free and open-sourced community, that will help you with style features and functionality issues if any
- Gives free access that other grids don’t have
TanStack Table offers a headless UI for building robust data grids and tables. With complete control over the styles and markups, create a data grid from scratch for React, Solid, Svelte, Vue, and TS/JS.
You will have complete control over every little HTML tag, class, style, and component while using TanStack Table. You will also receive a data table with pixel-perfect resolution. With a limited API surface, it is designed specifically to filter, sort, materialise, aggregate, group, display, and paginate large data sets.
Increase user productivity by creating new or existing tables. A robust data grid component in a compact package is the TanStack Table. It makes it simple to expand the features so that you may replace or alter practically everything that gets in the way.
The engine and API of TanStack Table prioritise ergonomics while being framework-independent and highly customisable.
Cell formatters, lightweight code, sorting, column filters, aggregation, ordering columns, virtualisable, footers, tree-shaking, multi-sort, row selection, pagination, column visibility, headless, global filters, and other features are among the features you’ll get.
Top Features of TanStack Table
- Build a data grid from scratch for React, Solid, Svelte, Vue, and TS/JS while keeping ownership of the themes and formats.
- Complete control of every HTML tag, class, style, and component.
- Offers a pixel-perfect data table.
- Built to filter, sort, materialize, aggregate, group, display, and paginate huge data sets that have a small API surface.
- Make users more efficient by repackaging existing or new tables.
- Promises speed and performance as engine and API are framework-independent and highly modular with great ergonomics.
Albiorix offer full-stack development services to build applications for your business.
Performance and speed
Additionally, assess how smoothly users can scroll across datasets. Users can scroll tables quickly without experiencing loading delays when the scrolling speed is good.
Components, Features, and Customizations
The grid library should offer a variety of parts and functionalities for the best UX. For instance, the library should show a date picker component whenever a table requests that the user select a date or time.
The functionality of your grid can be increased by supporting fundamental features. Therefore, picking a grid library with various features and sophisticated data manipulation capabilities is an essential factor to consider. Additionally, they must provide adjustments to change the table experience as needed.
Support for Different Frameworks, Browsers, and Platforms
You can opt for different languages to deal with the coding aspects for the various elements of web pages. In those circumstances, picking a grid library that supports several frameworks is preferable. In addition, businesses create applications to deploy them globally.
Thus, grid compatibility with all platforms and browsers is essential. Moreover, the grid ought to support numerous displays without degrading its functionality. If you have a question like how much does it cost to build a website for your business, this parameter is the most important for you to consider.
Flexibility in Data Handling
Websites’ information comes from many sources, both nearby and far away. As a result, the grid library must effectively support data binding from all sources. This makes it possible for app developers to link data from different streams for analytics and insights.
To deploy all of your data in a tabular format and proceed with web development, you can utilise a variety of libraries.
Additionally, it maintains everything under one roof so that you can quickly access and use the key features in your application.